Monday, April 07, 2008

Intentionally Messy

Little Brother and Middle Sister were playing with Play-Doh in the kitchen while I made some tuna-macaroni salad for Middle Sister's lunch tomorrow (it's got to be made a day ahead).

Since Little Brother is no longer contagious, I suggested that after I was done cooking we could go to the library and look for some books. Everyone liked the idea, and they started picking up their Play-Doh accessories. (I hate Play-Doh, but that's a subject for another day).

Naturally there were multicolored crumbs all over the floor. Little Brother reached for the broom but I told him to put it away for now. "Don't sweep that! Play-Doh needs to dry out before you sweep it up. Let's leave the mess for after the library."

How often do kids get to hear their moms tell them not to clean up a mess?

No comments: