Friday, August 29, 2008

An Impressive Choice


I leave most of the politics around this household to TheDad, preferring to stick to my own pursuits (reading, cooking, homemaking, and matters Franciscan). But I have to say I am very excited about John McCain's choice of Sarah Palin, Alaska's governor, as his running mate.

You can learn more about Palin from various links at this site. A little to whet your appetite: She's a conservative, pro-life Republican; mother of 5; supportive of small business, our military, and competition in health care. I'm very impressed by her position paper on education, especially the part where she states that early childhood education efforts should be focused on the children who need them most, and that parents are the child's first teachers. She also supports the rights of home schoolers.

McCain/Palin in '08!

No comments: