Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Surprises and the Pill

Yesterday it was noted in a small editorial item in my local newspaper that 40 years ago was the introduction of the Pill.

I was not surprised to see that item, but I was very surprised to see it followed by the observation that if the Pill had been around in the 1940s, Billy Joel and Candice Bergen might not be celebrating their birthdays yesterday. That was a surprisingly prolife statement, in view of the paper's usual stance on such matters.

What I am quite sure most people don't realize is that the Pill is not so much a method of Contraception (in which a baby is not conceived) as it is a method of Abortion: it changes the lining of the uterus to try and prevent implantation of an already-conceived child.

I think a lot of minds would be changed, if that information got out.

No comments: