Saturday, September 29, 2007

And I Shelve This One...Where?

There's a method to my madness in the way I shelve the books around here.

In the living room we have 2 bookscases. The first one, top down, goes like this:
My "by and about" Laura Ingalls Wilder collection
Spiritual books
Large paperback fiction and hardback children's classics
Hardback fiction
Humor and regular size paperback fiction
Biography and story collections

The second one, top down:
Christmas CDs and speakers
CDs and CD player
Reference and stereo
TheDad's bookshelf (he's nowhere near the literary packrat I am!)
Household reference and nonfiction
Old photo boxes and board games

Then in the kitchen I have a really tall shelf for cookbooks.

I'm not always this anal organized about stuff, but I like to be able to find my books when I want them. This system works for me.

So my question is--where do I put this one?

Grace Before Meals by Father Leo E. Patalinghug

This is part cookbook--part spiritual reading--part family and household reference.

I think that this book would be especially good for young families, but it's encouraging for any family. As it goes through the major events in the liturgical year, it includes recipes, conversation topics and background information. It's rounded out with Scripture quotes and ideas for prayer and good works. All in all, it's a great mix!

Visiting the Grace Before Meals website will get you to a place where you can purchase the book as well as sign up for a weekly e-newsletter and visit Father's blog.

A big "thank you" to Denise who first introduced me to this website and book.

No comments: