Sunday, September 30, 2007

Grandparents Behaving Badly

This just in: a grandfather is suspected of using a toddler to help him steal purses at a Jersey Shore boardwalk.

And yesterday Middle Sister overheard a grandmother calling her young granddaughter "dummy." This really upset Middle Sister. "That grandmother is such a put-downer!" she said.

I can't imagine what I'd feel like if I ever heard that my parents or in-laws insulted one of my children, much less used them for a criminal activity.

Please join me today in praying for those children who are not blessed with the kind of grandparents kids dream of having. The kind who read them books, treat them to cupcakes with extra frosting, take them for walks in the woods, wear sweatshirts advertising their athletic teams, build computers for them, show them their latest project-in-progress, laugh at knock-knock jokes they've heard 100 times, and make sure to stock their favorite cookies. The kind my kids are blessed to have.

No comments: