Tuesday, April 07, 2009

That's the end of that

I expressed my concerns about serving on the school board to my pastor, especially this final question: "Why would the school board want a participant who was opposed to the concept of that school, who will not send her children to that school, and who does not have faith in the school's chances for success?"

Father understood my reservations and suggested that my energies would be better focused elsewhere.

Like my own children's schools. I do volunteer at my younger kids' school, but perhaps there is more that can be done. So this whole thing has been good food for thought for me. I'm saying no to this particular school board opportunity, but not to serving Catholic schools.

It's time for me to focus on what I can do for my kids' schools that makes them better Catholic learning environments.

No comments: