Wednesday, November 23, 2005

The Birth Verse Meme

Julie D at Happy Catholic tagged me for this one.

How it works: Look up your birth date as the chapter & verse in each of the 4 Gospels.

MATTHEW 7.28: The result was that when Jesus had finished these words, the multitudes were amazed at his teaching.

MARK 7.28 But she answered and said to him: "Yes, Lord, but even the dogs under the table feed on the children's crumbs."

LUKE 7.28 "I say to you, among those born of women, there is no one greater than John, yet he who is least in the kingdom of Heaven is greater than he."

JOHN 7.28 Jesus therefore cried out in the temple, teaching and saying, "You both know Me and know where I am from, and I have not come of myself but He who sent Me is true, whom you do not know."

If I'm supposed to find a theme here, I'd say it is humility: being amazed at the teachings of the Lord, not being afraid to beg for something, being "less than" the greatest in the Kingdom of Heaven....

No comments: