Sunday, March 08, 2009

The Groundhog was Wrong

I knew all along that it would be an early spring. How can that groundhog avoid seeing his shadow with all those lights for the TV cameras?

It certainly feels like spring this weekend. Monday's igloo that was built by Middle Sister, Boy Next Door, and Big Brother collapsed on Friday and there's not a trace of it left, save for the sand-diggers and small shovels strewn around the front yard.

We've got the windows open and I am listening to the birds sing. I spent 20 minutes already today on whatbird.com, trying to figure out what bird woke me up this morning. I never saw the bird, but his call goes "whistle whistle, twit twit twit twit twit." He whistles twice and twits at least 3 times, and each time, he adds a few. Then he gets quiet and starts all over again. Yes, I am compelled to count how many twits each time. So if you have a clue about this bird, I'd be so grateful.

We saw two robins in the yard this morning, and the kids wore shorts yesterday.

AND we've already had our "spring ahead" on the clock. So it must be spring. So there, groundhog!

No comments: