Monday, August 07, 2006

The One Book Meme

Christine tagged me, so here we go.

1. ONE BOOK THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE: Sixpence in Her Shoe by Phyllis McGinley. And we thought the stuff we deal with is new.

2. ONE BOOK THAT YOU'VE READ MORE THAN ONCE: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith. My all-time favorite book.

3. ONE BOOK YOU'D WANT ON A DESERT ISLAND: Christian Prayer (Liturgy of the Hours).

4. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU LAUGH: Life Among the Savages by Shirley Jackson. I first read it in high school, and it’s always made me laugh. I am happy for her example of finding the humor in the mundane.

5. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY: Pay It Forward by Catherine Ryan Hyde.

6. ONE BOOK THAT YOU WISH HAD BEEN WRITTEN: How to Be Patient and Gentle. I could use that one.

7. ONE BOOK THAT YOU WISH HAD NEVER BEEN WRITTEN: Potty Training in Less Than a Day. Biggest waste of money ever.

8. ONE BOOK YOU'RE CURRENTLY READING: I’m reading 3 or 4 right now….but the one I’ve made the most progress in is Spin Sisters by Myrna Blyth—which may explain my antagonistic attitude toward magazines at the moment.

9. ONE BOOK YOU'VE BEEN MEANING TO READ: Saint Francis by G.K. Chesterton.

10. TAG FIVE OTHERS: I’m feeling generous. If you want to play, leave a comment.

No comments: