Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Today is the day

...that R.C. Mommy's bambina will be born. Please pray today, to the Blessed Mother and to Saint Gerard, for a safe delivery and recovery for Amy and her little one.

I remember when I was waiting on the birth of my #3, Little Brother. He came 2 weeks early, so I wasn't quite ready yet, and I was delegating the move of the cradle and the changing table and various "implements of baby care" from the basement, where I was in the middle of washing all the little items, to the family room and the bedroom.

Other than that, it was like starting all over again. Middle Sister was already 6, and Big Brother was 10. The little guy was practically in his very own generation in our house. And he's also made me aware of a big contradiction: he keeps me young, but at the same time makes me feel my age!

He's also allowed me to sing my very favorite song from Sesame Street:
"There are 5 people in my family, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5....
There's a sister and two brothers, and a mother and a pop!
5 is such a pretty number, I'm awfully glad that I've
5 people in my family, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
1, 2, 3, 4, 5!"


UPDATE: I have received an email that the Bambina was indeed born on Wednesday and that she and Mama are doing very well. (It came with a picture--what a cutie pie she is!) Congratulations, Amy and family!

No comments: