Saturday, August 12, 2006

Pop-Tart Mom Meme

What's with the title of this one? Am I a "Pop-Tart Mom" because I let Little Brother eat Pop-Tarts? (I eat them myself, sometimes. I highly recommend the chocolate caramel ones. Great with your afternoon coffee...Little Brother prefers the Sponge Bob variety.)

I was tagged by Jean at Catholic Fire.

3 Things That Scare Me
Most bugs
Letting my children take that next step toward independence
The smell of fire (throwback to my college apartment building, which had an arson problem)

3 People That Make Me Laugh
My kids
My husband
The guys from "Blue Collar Comedy Tour"

3 Things I Love (it didn't say "people" so I will honor the title here)
Cooking and baking

Reading and writing
Coffee breaks

Things I Hate
Driving in cities
Sleeping away from home
Feeling that something is out of my control


3 Things I Don’t Understand
Geometry
The stock market (and finance in general)
Why the thermostat in my split-level house is on the lowest level

3 Things On My Floor

Little Brother's toy sword
A few pieces of the puzzle that is still threatening my mental health
The box from a Little Rascals video

3 Things I’m Doing Right Now
Blogging (obviously)
Drinking coffee
Making up next week's shopping list

3 Things I Want to Do Someday
Work in a library
Teach ESL
Stop worrying

3 Things I Can Do
Bake bread
Lead the singing at church
Play the guitar


3 Ways to Describe My Personality
Introverted
Sarcastic
Protective


3 Things I Cannot Do
Drive a stick-shift car
Drink coffee after 7 PM, if I want to go to sleep later
Keep ahead of the mess in the house that everyone else creates

3 Things I Think You Should Listen To
The voice of God
The people who love you
Bach ("Air on a G String" and "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" come to mind)

3 Things I Think You Should Never Listen To
The voice of the evil one

pro-death politicians who say they are "Catholic" or "Christian"
the liberal media
(Jean's were so good I had to keep them!)

3 Absolute Favorite Foods
Bread
Spaghetti and meatballs
Kluski (Polish dish with noodles, farmer cheese, sauerkraut, onion and tons of butter)


3 Things I’d Like to Learn
How to play the organ
How to be more at-ease in social situations
Sign language

3 Beverages I Drink Regularly
coffee, "regular" (milk and sugar)
Pepsi
milk (always, with dinner, if I'm home. And that's WHOLE milk. None of that icky low-fat stuff.)

3 Shows I Watch (irregularly at best)
Notre Dame football
whatever's on Food Network while I'm doing my ironing
the local news


3 Bloggers I Tag:
Amy, the R.C. Mommy
Christine, the Rambling GOP Soccer Mom
Sarah, the Snoring Scholar

No comments: