Wednesday, August 09, 2006

There's a Spider on the Wall, on the Wall...

Actually, the spider is in the window. Between the window and the screen. He had plenty of time to build a big web in the inch and a half-wide space there, while it was so hot and our windows were closed.

Today I wanted to open up all the windows. It's only 65 degrees. The house has been closed up for so long that it felt SO good to open up. Little Brother stopped and listened to the crickets: "I think I hear night."

But I can't open that one window in the kitchen while there's a spider in it. I don't know how he's eating since it's not often that something gets into that space. I don't know how we're going to get him out, and I can't stand the thought of destroying his web. Those things are not easily constructed. I just wish he had constructed it Some Place Else.

No comments: