Thursday, January 05, 2006

I've Been Tagged!

Year End / New Year Meme, via A Catholic Life

The Year End/New Year meme consists in conducting a brief evaluation of 2005 and then moving on to making plans for 2006. It involves answering ten simple questions.

What was your favorite movie in 2005?
I rarely get to watch movies that aren't for children! The best kids' movie I saw this year is Robots. The animation was amazing, the soundtrack was catchy (especially the "Underground" number) and I liked the theme: "You Can Shine No Matter What You're Made Of."

What was your favorite book in 2005?
NOT FAIR! I love to read! How can I pick? I can narrow it down to a couple:
Fiction: My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
Nonfiction: My Cup of Tea by Danielle Bean

Richer or poorer? Thinner or fatter?
Same

What kept you sane this past year?
Working on this blog; keeping a sense of humor; prayer

Which personal accomplishment in 2005 are you most pleased with?
I'm proud to have gotten this blog started; I have encountered many people who have enriched my own life and challenged me, either through my combox or their own blogs.
And in other news, I successfully made gravy--a cooking skill which had, until Christmas, eluded me.

What resolutions have you made for '06?
I'll take care of that after my SFO Fraternity conducts its Extraction of Saints next week. We each will receive a randomly chosen saint's name (usually a Franciscan saint) as well as a virtue to develop during the coming year, a verse from the Bible or a line from Francis' writings, and the name of a member of our Fraternity to keep in special prayer.

Which bad habit are most motivated to break?
Speaking before thinking.

What are you most looking forward to in 2006?
Watching Big Brother make his Confirmation and then graduate from elementary school. I'll be the one beaming with pride!

No comments: