Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Words to Live By

This morning I bought Little Brother a treat--a drive-through lunch at Chick-Fil-A on our way to work in the school lunchroom. After I paid for the meal, I was asked if I wanted a free newspaper (I guess they had leftovers from breakfast, when they have a deal that you get a free local paper with your breakfast combo).
I answered, "No, thank you." Then I collected Little Brother's lunch and we were on our way.
Little Brother asked me, "Hey Mommy, why didn't you get the paper?"
Me: "I already read the paper this morning, so I don't need another one."
Little Brother: "Then you would have a LOT of papers."
Me: "That's right, and I don't need any more papers."
Little Brother: "If you have a lot, you should share."
How right you are, Little Brother!
Anyone want a paper?

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

He sounds like such a nice boy.