Saturday, December 10, 2005

Gaudete Sunday

A priest from my diocese has a blog where he posts his Sunday homilies.

It's a pretty cool idea. I particularly enjoy it since as a musician, sometimes I miss some parts of Mass due to my mind wandering about what's going to be sung next, what key I have to remember to play it in, what the kids in the choir are doing right now and whether I should intervene before it gets too "out of hand," and things like that--not to mention all the other stuff that everyone's mind wanders about.

Just as we are encouraged to prepare ourselves for Mass, including reading & meditating on the readings of the day, so it can be wise for someone who is in a position to be distracted a bit during the homily to avail herself of this resource. It's not the same homily I'd be hearing, but trust me--this priest has plenty of good points to think and pray about.

I encourage you to visit his blog and read the homily for tomorrow. The theme: "Rejoice in the Lord always!"

No comments: