Sunday, December 11, 2005

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree...

...how heavy are your branches!
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree,
How droopy are your branches!
The ornaments are overweight
Where Little Brother decorates.
O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree,
How burdened are your branches!

Little Brother has continued the tradition of hanging as many ornaments as he can on one or two low branches of the tree. At one point, we had a "straw that broke the camel's back" moment where the branch could no longer handle the load, and a number of ornaments slid right off! I think a few of them are still on the floor.

Big Daddy wanted to redecorate, but I like it this way. It's part of the charm of a tree decorated by family members who enjoy inspecting ornaments, having a contest to see who can hang their special ornament in the highest spot, and scandalizing me by threatening to juggle with the breakable ones.

For the record, I am the only one in this house who is able to juggle, so that right is reserved for me and me alone. The rest of them can practice with tennis balls first--preferably outside the house.

 
 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Steve said...

Pretty!PrettyPretty!
I'll have to follow suit and post a pic of our tree on my blog.My boys have figured out that I bought German Chocolate decorations and candy canes from the local Ehmers distributor, and now they want to eat the ornaments.

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I can't figure out why the OTHER picture never shows up...the close-up of Little Brother's special area. Guess I will have to put it in a separate post.