Saturday, February 03, 2007

The Homemaking Meme

ukok has tagged me for the Housekeeping Meme that's going around.

I did this one already on my recipe blog (you can get to it by clicking the "Mom's Diner--What's for Dinner) logo on the right) but that blog is a fairly well-kept secret, until now.

So I'll do the famous "cut and paste" and put it all over here. Maybe I'll even add a bit here and there, to make it legitimately a new post.

Aprons – Yes or No? If Yes, what does your favorite look like?
Yes! I have three white butcher aprons. And I got my oven mitts on something that looks a little nicer in time for National Wear an Apron Day! I have a new gingham terrycloth half-apron with 2 pockets. Blue, of course--my signature color.

Baking – Favorite thing to bake
Breads, brownies, scones....I love to bake.

Clothesline – Yes or No?
YES! I have a really big one in the backyard that can hold 3 tubs of laundry at once. For winter, I have a few short lines in the basement for those things that I absolutely will not put in the dryer.

Donuts - have you ever made them?
No.

Every day – One homemaking thing you do every day
I always make our bed.

Freezer – Do you have a separate deep freeze?
Yes.

Garbage Disposal – Yes or No?
No.

Handbook – What is your favorite homemaking resource?
The Internet. Specifically, Family Corner.

Ironing – Love it or hate it? Or hate it but love the results?
It's not too bad, especially if I can watch TV while I do it. I like to iron in batches instead of one item at a time.

Junk drawer – Yes or No? Where is it?
My whole desk is one big junk drawer.
I also have several in the dining room.

Kitchen – Color and decorating scheme
Blue and white. No "decorating scheme" unless you consider Small and Crowded to be a scheme.

Love – What is your favorite part of homemaking?
Feeding my family.

Mop – Yes or No?
Only because I have to for sanitary reasons.

Nylons – Wash by hand or in the washing machine?
In the washer, when I MUST wear them, but I dry them on the line.

Oven – Do you use the window or open the oven to check?
I usually open it up.

Pizza – What do you put on yours?
I like very thin sliced peppers and onions.

Quiet – What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment?
I either read or check my favorite blogs.

Recipe card box – Yes or No? What does it look like?
I have a binder (5X8) that sits on top of a 2-drawer card box, on this cool easel setup. It was handmade by high school students in a vo-tech high school where my mom used to teach.

Style of house – What style is your house?
1960s split level (ewwww! But it's home.)

Tablecloths and napkins – Yes or No?
Paper napkins, plastic placemats. I'm all about practicality here.

Under the kitchen sink – Organized or toxic wasteland?
Organized! The only things under there are a bag of paper recycling and an old dishpan for bottles and cans.

Vacuum – How many times per week?
When the debris shows, I vacuum.

Wash – How many loads of laundry do you do per week?
At least 2 a day. Except on Sundays, when laundry is done on a crisis-only basis.

X’s – Do you keep a daily list of things to do that you cross off?
Sometimes. And I'll admit to writing things on the list, just so I can cross them off.

Yard – Yes or No? Who does what?
I don't do the yard.

Zzz’s – What is your last homemaking task for the day before going to bed?
Start the dishwasher.

Basically, I'm all about the food. The cleaning gets done because I have to keep the place reasonably sanitary. Fortunately, Little Brother likes to clean toilets. If there was someone to clean up the messes I make cooking, I might never leave the kitchen except to grocery-shop.

Want to play? Let me know in the combox.

No comments: