Tuesday, February 13, 2007

St. Valentine's Day Meme

Jean has tagged me for the St. Valentine's Day Meme!

Favorite Romantic Movies:
I'm not much for movies anyway, and when I watch them, I tend toward things like The Blues Brothers or comedies with John Candy and/or Chevy Chase. But here are the movies with, in my opinion, the best "someone looks someone else in the eyes and they realize how in love they are" scenes:
1. "It's a Wonderful Life" (not just for Christmas anymore)
2. "The Sound of Music" (that Gazebo scene....)


Favorite Romantic Books:
This is even harder to answer than the movies!!

When Crickets Cry
When Crickets Cry

This was a wonderful story that had a sweet and romantic component. And the sacrifices for love...it's well-written and inspiring.

Another good one is
Big Stone Gap
Big Stone Gap


The others in the series are nowhere near as romantic as this one. They're good books but this is my hands-down favorite of the four.


If money were no object, where (on earth) would you like to spend your Valentine's Day and how would you spend it? In other words, what is your idea of a perfect Valentine's Day date?

Well, since it's snowy today, I'm inclined to say somewhere warm....I have no specific place in mind but TheDad and I would visit someplace "warmer than here" on a lovely sunny day. We'd stroll around the little town and admire the Victorian architecture. There would be lots of stores, cafes, and bistros. After a great dinner in one of those tiny restaurants that seats about 20, we'd wander around and find an ice-cream shop before returning to the B&B (which, of course, has a gigantic wraparound porch).
If anyone knows where this place is, feel free to let me know.

No comments: