Wednesday, February 07, 2007

The Ipod Meme

Christine has an open tag, so I'm playing!! I don't have an Actual Ipod but I do have a very nice MP3 player thanks to TheDad's generosity on my last birthday. There are 350+ songs on it so far. I skipped anything without lyrics, but other than that I did not "cheat."

Here are the rules of the game:
Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle. Say the following questions aloud, and press play. Use the song title as the answer to the question. NO CHEATING.

How does the world see you? “O Salutaris Hostia” by Beth Neilsen Chapman (If this means that the world sees me as a committed Catholic, I’ll take it!)

Will I have a happy life? “The Boxer” by Simon & Garfunkel (Guess NOT!)

What do my friends really think of me? “Christmas Time is Here” by Vince Guaraldi Trio

Do people secretly lust after me? “America” by Simon & Garfunkel

How can I make myself happy? “Danny’s Song” by Loggins & Messina (Look for joy in the simple things in life. This is one of the most Franciscan-spirited popular songs I know.)

What should I do with my life? “Joyful, Joyful We Adore Thee” by Glad (God, are you trying to tell me something?)

Will I ever have children? “Take It Easy” by the Eagles (If I’d wanted to take it easy I wouldn’t have had any….)

What is some good advice for me? “Through Your Eyes” by Suzy Bogguss (written from the point of view of the Blessed Mother holding baby Jesus)

How will I be remembered? “I’m Not Afraid to Die” by Gillian Welch (!!!!)

What is my signature dancing song? “8th of November” by Big & Rich (I give it an 8, but you can’t dance to this one)

What do I think is my current theme song? “That’s the Kind of Mood I’m In” by Patty Loveless

What does everyone think my current theme song is? “I Am A Rock” by Simon & Garfunkel (YIKES…that one really describes me too!)

What song will play at my funeral? "Screen Door” by Rich Mullins (“Faith without works is like a song you can’t sing—it’s about as useless as a screen door on a submarine”) I like that!

What type of men / women do you like? “Hail Holy Queen” from the Sister Act soundtrack (?? I guess this means I like holy people??)

What is my day going to be like? “On the Willows” from the Godspell soundtrack (The Crucifixion song. Good Lord…)

OPEN TAG for the rest of you! Let me know if you play.

No comments: