Friday, November 23, 2007

I Love Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving, and the fall-leaves-turning-color, are the two reasons that fall is my favorite season (It's certainly NOT because the weather turns colder, that's for sure!)

The other night I was on the phone with TheDad's cousin, whom the kids call "Aunt S," who wanted to invite us all to her home for next Thanksgiving. We both agreed that we love to cook Thanksgiving dinner, and that the holiday is a favorite of ours. And she explained why she feels this way: "You don't have to worry about any gifts, or any decorations, or anything like that. It's just about family and the people you love, and getting together. You can be thankful for each other and just enjoy the day and a nice meal together."

Aunt S has it right. So even though I hate to give up my every-other-year chance to indulge in my time of Food Nostalgia, we will enjoy Thanksgiving with her and Uncle D next year.

There's got to be some other time that I can cook a turkey and make all the special dishes that I need to put along with it. Maybe in February, when things get slow....

No comments: