Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Anticipation

We're getting closer to the great season of Anticipation--Advent!

Usually I seriously dread this time of year. Too much to do, too little time, and too much Christmas already in the mix.

Well, it's not even Advent yet and there's plenty of Christmas--the All Christmas All the Time Radio Station has gotten started, my neighbor's house is fully decorated and lit up every night, and the school has opened its Santa's Secret Shop. Usually I hate Santa's Shop but I volunteered there yesterday and it was not all that bad. It was actually kind of fun, and I met some nice moms I had never met before. We listened to the Christmas radio station and sang along a little bit. So on the way home I turned on the Christmas tunes on XM (5 stations, no waiting for a good song), stopped to buy Christmas cards, and before I knew it I was in a great mood.

Hopefully this will bode well for the upcoming season. I hope that I can take all of Advent in the same happy spirit. I don't want to spend it frazzled and flustered and yelling at my family. I want to enjoy the steps I take toward Christmas.

No comments: