Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Wait 'til Middle Sister Gets Home!


No, she's not going to get punished for something.

I got my Netflix selection today: the first disk of the TV series Newhart.

She's going to get a kick out of the bad '80s fashions. And I have a feeling that both my Big Kids will enjoy Larry, Darryl and Darryl.

But the best part of the show is the star, Bob Newhart. He reminds me a lot of my dad (who dresses like him, looks a bit like him, and has the same dry sense of humor)--and my dad is also a big fan. I wonder if any of my kids will see the resemblance to Grandpa. He'd be flattered, though probably not as much as he was when Little Brother thought that the picture of Lance Armstrong in the newspaper was really a picture of Grandpa.

Nevertheless, it's a funny show, and very family-friendly. So settle down with your twelve-year-old and laugh at the clothes, hair, and antics of Larry, Darryl and Darryl.

No comments: