Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The "How could I resist" Culinary Meme

Since I've just been tagged Food Expert at Family Corner forums, how could I help but answer this meme!

1. What food does your best friend not like? My best friend is TheDad and he does not like chocolate, coffee, lemon, or tuna casserole. (More for me!)

2. What is your favorite cookbook? Are you kidding me? I have over 100! You expect me to pick? How about my top 3: Better Homes & Gardens Baking Book, Dining on a Dime, and the most recent church cookbook published at my parish.

3. Are you more of a sushi person or a lamb person?
Lamb, definitely. I like my fish cooked.

4. Given a choice of something fried and salty or something baked and sweet, what would you choose?
That depends on what time of the month I am making this choice.

5. Do you buy whole chickens and boil them and pick the meat off or does that gross you out? Do your children know what a whole chicken looks like or do they think they are made up of four breasts?
I buy whole chickens and roast them and then carve off all the meat. My kids definitely know what whole chickens look like. I get the biggest Oven Stuffer I can find at the store and we get 3 meals from it: roast chicken, some sort of casserole with cubed cooked chicken, and soup.

6. How do you feel about butter, sour cream, cream cheese, and half and half?
Bring it on! And none of that low-fat kind either!

7. (Skip this question if you are a vegetarian) If you are a carnivore, would you be willing to hunt or butcher your meat? Or to watch someone do that for you or would you rather not think of it? Or are you grateful for the animal who gave its life to sustain your life?
EWWWWW on the hunting and butchering. I love meat but don't make me kill it. I will deal with raw meat to the extent that I must do that "out of the supermarket package, trim to my family's needs, then cook."

8. What is the most exotic ingredient or spice in your cupboard?
Saffron, cardamom, juniper berries, and Thai fish sauce from the Asian grocery store.

TAG! If you're interested, please play along! Let me know in the comments if you play.

No comments: