Monday, June 25, 2007

BOOK REVIEW: Queen of the Castle

This is an odd kind of book review, because I haven't even finished reading the book yet! I've been reading it for several weeks now, and have only completed about 5 of the 52 chapters. Yet I can honestly say that I wholeheartedly recommend this book:


Queen of the Castle by Lynn Bowen Walker.

Why am I recommending a book I haven't even finished reading yet? Because I'm not supposed to be done reading it yet! The author has divided the book into 52 chapters, one for each week of the year. Each chapter includes a reflection on the topic at hand (this week's topic is "Chore Time"), tips related to that topic, 2 new vocabulary words, inspirational quotes, and at the end, a Bible quote and a short prayer. I've been reading my weekly chapter each Monday and it is a nice way to set the tone for the week.

BONUS: at the end of each month, there's a "Chocolate Break" with a recipe for a yummy treat. Recipes--and chocolate! My favorite! How can I miss?

I've been enjoying the inspiration, the tips, recipes and reflections. This is a great practical book for moms.




No comments: