Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Kitchen Madonna's Culinary Meme

There's an Open Tag on this one over at the Kitchen Madonna's Apron World!

1. What food does your best friend not like? My best friend is TheDad, and he doesn't like Tuna Casserole (the horror!) I think he watched too many episodes of "Welcome Back, Kotter" as a kid.

2. What is your favorite cookbook? I have over 100 cookbooks. You HAVE to be kidding. I can't pick just one! I really do like the new one our church just published, though I might be a little biased there. I helped type it and I have a bunch of recipes in there.

3. Are you more of a sushi person or a lamb person? Definitely, lamb. I'm pretty good about trying new foods but I like my fish cooked, thankyouverymuch.

4. Given a choice of something fried and salty or something baked and sweet, what would you choose? That depends on what time of the month you're asking me. My diet cravings are directly related to my estrogen level! If it's time for PMS, then I want vinegar and salt potato chips. Otherwise, bring on the cookies.

5. Do you buy whole chickens and boil them and pick the meat off or does that gross you out? Do your children know what a whole chicken looks like or do they think they are made up of four breasts? I buy whole chickens, roast them, serve part at one meal and save the rest of the deboned meat for future casseroles.

6. How do you feel about butter, sour cream, cream cheese, and half and half? You've been watching Paula Deen again, haven't you? That's fine, so have I. They're all great. I can't stand margarine (though I will use it in certain recipes) and there is NO room in my home for fake coffee creamer. It must be an Actual Dairy Product that requires refrigeration.

7. (Skip this question if you are a vegetarian) If you are a carnivore, would you be willing to hunt or butcher your meat? Or to watch someone do that for you or would you rather not think of it? Or are you greatful for the animal who gave its life to sustain your life? Being the squeamish type, who freaked out when I was with my parents in an Irish restaurant and discovered that the trout was served with the head still attached, I'm happy to eat meat as long as it's not looking back at me.

8. What is the most exotic ingredient or spice in your cupboard? The most exotic spice is saffron. The most exotic ingredients are from the local Asian grocery: Thai fish sauce, dehydrated portabella mushrooms, and caramel color--all labeled ONLY in various Asian languages, which I do not read.

No comments: