Wednesday, June 20, 2007

A Puzzle Puzzle



Two Christmases ago, I received this jigsaw puzzle as a gift.

I like jigsaw puzzles but this one is driving me insane. I had it on the coffee table all last summer and got all but the blue background done. All those little tiny images that made up the larger image--very frustrating!

We needed the table for a party so I slid the puzzle onto a posterboard and slipped it under the living room couch, and then forgot all about it. Last week a few pieces started to come loose and I figured it was time to deal with what was under there.

But I just don't know if I can. This puzzle is not a pleasure. It's not relaxing. It's just a frustration--so is it worth it? But there's this obsessive-compulsive part of me that can't let it go until it's finished. I'd rather let it sit there undone than really put it away.

I dragged it out last night, and this morning TheDad saw it all sitting there on the floor. He asked if I was doing the puzzle again and I said I just wasn't sure if I was going to try, or whether I'd just box it back up and work a different puzzle.

He didn't help any when he said, "It defeated you, huh?"

No comments: