Saturday, April 01, 2006

I needed to see this today

From today's Liturgy of the Hours:
Lord,
Guide us in your gentle mercy,
For left to ourselves
We cannot do your will.
Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
Who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
One God, forever and ever. Amen.

This goes right along with something I've been reading on K's blog, which is discussing the book Mother's Rule of Life: How to Bring Order to Your Home and Peace to Your Soul
Mother's Rule of Life: How to Bring Order to Your Home and Peace to Your Soul



K has related what she's reading in this book to her spiritual reading of St. Francis de Sales. DO check it out. I've been reading this book on and off for a while now. As a Franciscan, I have a Rule to follow, but I've been feeling the need to put a little less "random" and a little more "order" into my day-to-day wife, mom and homemaker stuff. St. Francis didn't give us too much to work with there--but there is plenty of inspiration to be had.

My challenge right now, in creating my own Rule of Life, is putting the following into practice: Whom am I serving? My God, my family or myself?

No comments: