Monday, April 10, 2006

What About Sundays?

I have been mulling over the idea that I don't want to treat Sunday as just another day in which I do all the same stuff I do all week, BUT I also go to church. I'm all for getting ready for the week ahead, but maybe Sunday is first on the calendar for a reason--it's the BEGINNING of the week! And what better way to begin the week than to separate a little from the routine and rush of the rest of the week?

I've been trying not to do my grocery shopping on Sundays, and lately I've been working to do the ironing and necessary laundry on Saturdays so I don't have to do them on Sunday. Now there will always be chores that must be done--dishes to be washed, tables to be wiped--but there's not really a good reason that the laundry can't wait another day. This morning I saw that Philothea Rose has also been considering this idea.

It occurred to me today that I'll be making an extra effort all this week to have my tasks done before Sunday, because Sunday is a holiday--the holiest of all Sundays--and it is not to be a day of work. So what's to stop me from doing that every other week of the year?

No comments: