Wednesday, July 11, 2007

5 Things I Love About Jesus


Ellen and Denise tagged me for this meme. Here are the rules:
Those tagged will share 5 things they love about Jesus.
Those tagged will tag 5 other bloggers.
Those tagged will provide a link in the combox here with their name so that others can read them.

I figured that since we have the words of Jesus in the Gospels, I’d use some of them to explain why I love Jesus:
1. “The words I have spoken to you are spirit and life.” John 6:64
2. “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12
3. “I am the resurrection and the life. Whoever believes in me, even if he dies, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in me will never die.” John 11:25-26
4. “I have given you a model to follow, so that as I have done for you, you should also do.” John 13:15
5. “This is my body, which will be given for you; do this in memory of me…This cup is the new covenant in my blood, which will be shed for you.” Luke 22: 19-20

Does anyone else have the Bible School song “Oh, how I love Jesus” running through their head every time they get to this meme?
And I want to give a big “thank you” to Debbie who graciously gave me permission to use her lovely image (with yet another one of my favorite Gospel quotes) to illustrate this post.
I tag:
Amy
Margaret in Minnesota
Laura H
Aimee
Christine


No comments: