Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Serenity Now!

There are some jobs that, as a homemaker, I like more than others. I'm not so big on washing windows, vacuuming or dusting. My favorite work is cooking, planning, laundry and ironing.

I don't iron a few items a day, just what I am going to wear that day, like my mom has always done. She has that ironing board up and down all the time. I tend to take a block of time and iron a whole pile of things at once. This gets done about once a week. In the fall, I enjoy ironing while watching Notre Dame football games. The rest of the year, I watch the news, cooking shows, or home-decorating shows while I iron.

This afternoon as the thunderstorms passed overhead and I ironed and hung up a week's worth of clothes, the kids played downstairs. It was all very calming, so much so that when I heard a loud CRASH, I looked up from pressing my Generalissimama apron and hollered down the stairs, "What are you guys breaking?"

I still don't know what the CRASH was. I'm not sure I want to. I think I will go back and iron some more.

No comments: