Monday, October 09, 2006

Geography Meme

Better late than never! Christine tagged me for this one.

1. A Place You've Visited and Your Favorite Thing There.
Niagara Falls. My husband and I both feel that we could stand there all day and just watch the waterfall. It is absolutely breathtaking. And I'd love to see it in the winter with the ice, though I'd be scared to death of slipping!


2. A Country You'd Like to Visit and Why. Does a place I've already visited count? Because I want to go BACK there! I'd love to see Ireland again. I was lucky enough to visit with my family when I was 15, and there are so many places I'd love to see there. One of my grandmothers was born there, and some of her relatives still live in that same house, in a little Co. Waterford town called Kilmacthomas.


3. A Place From History You'd Like to Visit and Why.
I'd like to see Assisi during the time of Saint Francis. Why? Because being a Franciscan, that place is my inspiration. In particular I would like to visit the Portiuncula.


4. A Place You Know a Lot About.
My hometown--Haledon, New Jersey. There's a small museum in town that I have visited, and I even wrote a college research paper about Haledon's role in the early 20th century labor movement.


5. A Place You'd Like to Learn More About.
Any of my answers to #1, 2 or 3.


6. A Fictional Place You'd Like to Visit. My taste in literature runs more toward "fictional stories written about real places" so this is a tough one. Probably I'd say Munchkinland from The Wizard of Oz. And not just because I'd be taller than everyone there, though that would rock. I'd choose this place because it seems so happy, so innocent, so cheery and colorful.

No comments: