Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Pandering

Middle Sister has been assigned to do a book report on the life of a saint. The one she chose was Saint Therese of Lisieux. At dinner just now she was talking about what she had read so far.

Big Brother thought she was reading about Saint Teresa of Avila, and I informed him that there are several saints named Therese/Teresa. I pulled biographies of both of them off my bookshelf, and showed Middle Sister that the book on the Little Flower had photographs in it. She immediately started paging through the book looking for the pictures.

As I went to replace the other book, Big Brother commented that "all the saints' stories are about the same anyway."

"No, they're not," I answered, holding the life of Teresa of Avila in my hand. "This one levitated."

"COOL!" Middle Sister was interested. "Does that book have pictures too?"

No comments: