Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Fixed!

Maybe you didn't know it was broken. I didn't either, until I tried to click on one of my Useful Links over there in the sidebar, and the link didn't work. It took me quite a while to figure out that the site had not ceased to exist, but that the problem was in my template. NO! Not that! ANYTHING but that!

I am really low on the learning curve when it comes to HTML. I don't know my http from my a href--and frankly, I think a href sounds like the sound you make when you are about to "hork up a hairball." (I hope my mom's not reading this, or she'll wonder if the money she and my father invested in my education at a rather exclusive private Catholic high school was worth it. She thought we'd come out more refined, or something.) Anyway, I quiver at the thought of doing stuff to my template, for fear that I'll make the whole blog go "poof!" (YES, "poof" is a technical term. At least it is in my world. Remember, this blog is G-rated, so I can't use some of the other terms that might come to mind.)

I found that the problem seemed to be a punctuation issue, and after I took care of the offending character and Refreshed the page about a gazillion times, it all seems to be in working order. My apologies to anyone who might have been inconvenienced by the bad link. I commented to Big Daddy that it's amazing how much inconvenience a little punctuation mark can cause, and he barely raised an eyebrow. He's a programmer. All this is No Big Deal to him. Hmmm, maybe I should have had him fix it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok I had to seriously laugh at this, because i actually DID make my blog go "poof" once, when I tried to fix the template. oi. yeah my skills are marginal at best which is why I chose a service that's like "html for dummies." which still doesn't keep me from sending them about 3 help tickets a week. they LOVE me.
btw - what is HREF anyway?

Barb Szyszkiewicz said...

I don't know what a "HREF" is but it's all over the place. It has something to do with links. That's the best I can do. I still think it sounds like a hairball on the way...