Sunday, March 19, 2006

Terri Schiavo, R.I.P

Let us pray.

Eternal rest grant unto her, O Lord, and may perpetual light shine upon her. May she rest in peace.


A year ago we all watched in horror as Terri Schiavo was slowly starved to death.

In her memory, the Terri Schiavo Foundation continues to work for the rights of the severely disabled, the elderly, and the most vulnerable.

Many in the blog world are remembering the fight to keep Terri alive during this week.

I know that this was an unforgettable time for me. I could not--and can not--understand how a person in a hospital or nursing home could be deliberately starved. I could not--and can not--explain to my older children, who can read newspapers and naturally were curious, how this could happen. I could not--and can not--fathom how I would feel if it were my child, or my sister, being treated in such a manner. Terri was someone's child, someone's sister.

Let us pray. And let us act, to make sure that no one else is ever treated like that again.

1 comment:

Kathryn Judson said...

I'll second that.