Sunday, March 19, 2006

Hindsight is 20/20

Little Brother was watching Big Brother play a computer game and got so excited that he fell right out of his chair. He landed on his elbow and cried big tears, asking for a Band-Aid.

I knew the Band-Aid wouldn't help anything but I got one anyway, for the psychological healing value. After checking his arm, hand and wrist and hoping it was just a bad bump, I hugged him for a bit until he wanted to go do something else.

Later he crawled into a chair with me and I asked him how his elbow is. His answer: "Still bad. I should have used a parashoop when I was falling down."

2 comments:

Susie said...

Hi Barb,
I'm here via Mel's site. Loved your story about the parashoop! Your little one sounds sweet.
Our two grandsons attend our local Catholic school (one is 7th grade and one is first grade)
I'll stop by again.
Happy first day of Spring!
Enjoy this day,
Sue

Jean Heimann said...

Barb,

He sounds sooo cute! I can tell you are a great mom.

God bless you,
Jean