Friday, March 17, 2006

Pardon Me While I Dump My Brain

I feel like I have been doing a whole lot of nothing lately. It just seems that "the harder I work, the behinder I get." Add to that a few family gatherings, for which the preparation time is twice the length of the gathering, and the cleanup time is equal to it....

But I shouldn't complain. We are all healthy here, and we are all here. I have a "cyber friend" in Canada who is also a mom of 3, and whose husband was deployed to Afghanistan at the end of January. Right now my husband is at work an hour away. Hers is at work half a world away.

Today Little Brother and I took a walk to the post office. Well, I walked. He rode in the wagon. The wagon wheels rumbled along and so did my brain. That's when I realized that what I need right now is to do a Brain Dump. I need to sit with my planner and my papers and my pens, and get a grip on what I need to get done and what I want to write down. I always feel better after I get that kind of thing done--which makes me think I should make a point of Dumping my Brain more often.

So while Little Brother wanders around the house in a homemade cape I just assembled out of an old beach towel and two clothespins, waving a sword made of Tinker Toys and battling imaginary monsters, I'll put on a fresh pot of coffee and get a little Dumping done.

No comments: