Friday, March 16, 2007

Lenten Meme

I was tagged quite a while ago by Rosemary for this meme. Sorry for the delay, Rosemary!

What is your favorite Sorrowful Mystery?

I would have to say it is the Crowning with Thorns. But maybe you guessed that from the picture up at the top right!! That symbol, to me, of the crown of royalty and the thorns of pain just hits at the heart of the whole mystery that Christ had to die, so we would have life.


What is your favorite Station of the Cross?

I too have always loved "Veronica Wipes the Face of Jesus." (In fact, if Little Brother had been a girl, he would have been named Veronica.) In the middle of all He was going through, Jesus took the time to console someone else.


Do you fast during Lent?

Yes, of course, on the required days.


What is your Lenten Resolution(s)?

I have been denying myself those little "treats" that I normally allow. I've also given up candy. I'm not drinking the gourmet coffee or buying a magazine at the checkout counter. So I guess I've given up Retail Therapy, huh?


Do you use Holy Water during Lent?

I do not use holy water any differently during Lent than I usually do.


How many times do you go to Mass during Lent?

I always attend Sunday Mass, and I try to attend on Mondays and/or Fridays whenever possible. With our church's weird daily Mass schedule, this is the best I can manage.

No comments: