Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Things that Make Me Go "Hmmmmm...."

I got home from an after-dinner tutoring job tonight and almost tripped on my way to the front door.

Someone had taken a sand pail, tied a 20-foot piece of leftover clothesline to it, tied the other end to the tree in the front yard, and carried the pail as far away as they could until the rope was taut.

Luckily, there was enough light from the nearby streetlight that I could see the white rope about a foot off the ground.

Little Brother was already asleep, and the Big Kids have laid the blame for this on him, but have no explanation.

I don't know if he was trying to catch something, trip someone, or just see how far the rope would reach. Then again, the answer could be "None of the above." He's 5, after all. It could be ANYTHING. (I'd bet against the "trip someone" option, though. He's just not that devious. Yet. Give him time....)

I'll have to remember to warn TheDad in the morning so he doesn't get hurt on his way to the car.

No comments: