Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Only Two Days Away


In only two days it will be the National Day of Appreciation for Abortion Providers!

I hope it makes you as sick to read that sentence as it made me to type it.

I encourage you to mark this day with prayer and action.

Here's an example--this is what I plan to do.
Prayer: I will pray the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Rosary for the intention of an end to abortion and respect for all life, from conception to natural death.
Action: I will be doing a little shopping for diapers so that I can deliver them to my local crisis pregnancy center. (HINT: Buy a bigger-size diaper; most people donating to these wonderful centers buy things for newborns, but moms come in needing things for growing babies or even their older toddler.)

Last year when I delivered my bag of items, the volunteers were as horrified to hear the reason for my visit as they were grateful for the donation.

Let's make this year the last year that this day is observed. Maybe next year we can have a National Day of Appreciation for Crisis Pregnancy Volunteers.

H/T to Dan Lacey at faithmouse for the "vintage faithmouse" image.

No comments: