Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Marriage Meme

I was tagged by Aimee.

1. Where/How did you meet? Blind date!! My father worked with TheDad's neighbor. In fact, they'd worked together so long that she knew me first. When TheDad had broken up with his long-term girlfriend, she played Yenta the Matchmaker.

2. How long have you known each other?: 17 years this past January.

3. How long after you met did you start dating?: We met on our first date. One or 2 phone calls before that.

4. How long did you date before you were engaged?: 1 year EXACTLY.

5. How long was your engagement?: 8 months.

6. How long have you been married?: 16 years.

7. What is your anniversary?: January 13.

8. How many people came to your wedding reception: 150-160 ppl

9. What kind of cake did you serve?: A wedding cake. Nothing out of the ordinary about it.

10. Where was your wedding?: In Carteret, NJ at St. Joseph Church. Reception was at the local Holiday Inn.

11. What did you serve for your meal?: That's all a blur. I have NO idea what we served or if I ate.

12. How many people were in your bridal party?: 4 girls, 4 guys.

13. Are you still friends with them all?: Except for the best man and maid of honor, who married each other and ditched us.

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?: Not full on tears, but we were both misty several times.

15. Most special moment of your wedding day?: Walking down the aisle.

16. Any funny moments?: We hadn't arranged for limos since the church and reception were fairly close. So the guys in the wedding party took the girls in their cars. We never arranged for rides for OURSELVES! After the photo-ops were over, we were almost the only ones left in the church, and we had no way to get to the reception. So we hitched a ride with the neighbor who was responsible for getting us together.

17. Any big disasters?: No.

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?: Disney World.

19. How long were you gone? 1 week.

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change? Just about everything except the groom! (And the music for the ceremony was good. I chose it all myself AND conducted the choir rehearsal. We made sure the Mass and ceremony were as we wanted. The party--that was all the "obligatory" stuff.)

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?: I sleep on the left side (when looking from the foot of the bed)

22. What size is your bed?: Queen

23. Greatest strength as a couple?: Our faith and values are always in sync - we look at life the same way. (Stealing Aimee's answer because it describes us as well)

24. Greatest challenge as a couple?: Right now, it's finding time for each, time to nourish our lives as a couple.

25. Who literally pays the bills?: TheDad.

26. What is your song? "Don't Know Much" by Linda Ronstadt and Aaron Neville.

27. What did you dance your first dance to?: "I Love You Just The Way You Are" by Billy Joel because the band couldn't play "our" song. (see: what would you change about your wedding)

28. Describe your wedding dress: Way too poofy for my normal taste. I think someone talked me into it at the bridal store. I wanted my mother's wedding gown but she had sold it a long time ago. Hers was very simple and elegant, much more my taste.

29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?: Let me go find a wedding picture....red roses and white stephanotis.

30. Are your wedding bands engraved? No. How lame is THAT? And I don't wear my engagement ring--haven't in about 10 years--because there's a loose prong on the setting and I don't want to lose the stone, and I keep forgetting to take it to the jeweler. I figure the wedding band is the important one anyway. It never leaves my hand.

No comments: