Saturday, December 20, 2008

7 Random Christmas Things

Ellen tagged me for a "7 Random Christmas Things" meme.

I may have mentioned some of these before, so I'll link to that if I have.

1. I just learned this week (because my cousins are on facebook) that my parents' tradition of "Santa decorates the Christmas tree on Christmas Eve" was actually my father's family tradition, so it happened in all my cousins' households as well.

2. We only bake one kind of Christmas cookie here, and it's still too early to do those. If we bake them now, there'll be none left for Santa!

3. Other than the Nativity Scene, my favorite Christmas decoration is the set of "doily on a toilet paper tube" angels that my older children made in pre-K.

4. I love Christmas carols (not "winter carols" like "Sleigh Ride") but my all-time favorite has to be "O Holy Night," followed by "Silent Night" and "Angels We Have Heard on High."

5. TheDad likes to taunt me by "hiding" my unwrapped Christmas gift practically in plain sight. For some reason I never notice it, which mystifies everyone (including me). Of course, he's a last-minute shopper, so he never has to hide it for too long.

6. Childhood Christmas present that I still have and still use: a couple of pairs of mittens knitted by Granma. She had 15 grandchildren and I don't know how many step-grands, and every last one of them got a new pair of mittens every Christmas.

7. I'm all done shopping AND wrapping! Woohoo!

I know it's a busy time so I won't tag anyone, but if you want to play, just say so in the combox!

No comments: