Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Pardon Me, Your OCD is Showing

My kids have found me out.

Now that I think about it, I can't believe it took them this long.

Last night I was chopping stuff up for our dinner (Sweet & Sour Pork) and I felt like having a little something sweet. So I opened up a little bag of Skittles.

Middle Sister walked into the kitchen to find that I had sorted out all the Skittles by color, and had them sitting in a row of pairs, waiting for me to eat them. I don't even realize when I'm doing this.

I do the same with Smarties, jellybeans and M&Ms. It just has to be done. (And I save my favorite colors for last, too.)

Of course, Middle Sister had to immediately rat me out to Big Brother, and the two of them mocked me for a little while. I may never be able to eat M&Ms or Skittles in their presence again. I'll have to start eating my candy in secret, so I can furtively indulge my little (harmless) compulsion.

No comments: