Friday, May 11, 2007

7 Random Facts Meme

While I'm hanging around here fending off a hungry 5-year-old because dinner will be late because the Air Show stuff was delayed...thought I'd catch up on an overdue meme. I was tagged by Aimee at The Mother Load. This game is played by listing 7 random facts you might not know about me.

1. I really need to clean my bathtub right now. But this is much more fun.

2. My daughter is 11. She and I wear the same size shoe. All 4 of my nieces who are over the age of 9 have larger feet than I do.

3. I have a black thumb. I could kill a plastic plant.

4. Last week I cleaned my bookcase. It is 6 feet tall and 30 inches wide. It has 5 shelves which are fully loaded with books (stacked horizontally for more books per square inch, PLUS a layer of books behind the ones you see.) I purged 22 books from my collection. I consider this a huge accomplishment as it is very hard for me to part from any book I have bought unless I absolutely hate it.

5. In my life I have had 2 surprise birthday parties. Both were arranged by my husband. Both times, upon being surprised, I smacked my husband in the arm.

6. My favorite way to taste-test spaghetti sauce is by dipping a pretzel in it.

7. When I am choosing a paint color (the bathroom, at the moment) I am more swayed by the fancy name that someone has given a particular shade than the color itself. I actually have to force myself not to look at the title on the card, because if it's something I don't like (say, Green Tea) then I don't even want to consider the color.

And now I will go make Little Brother a bowl of oatmeal to hold him off until dinnertime.

No comments: