Friday, September 01, 2006

Autumn Reading Challenge

It seems like all the cool kids are doing it, and I'm all for peer pressure of the Positive Kind. So I'll join the Summa Mamas, Sarah and Julie D. in my own Autumn Reading Challenge.

The rules of the game: List 5 fiction and 5 nonfiction books that you have been meaning to read but just never got to. What? Only 5 of each? I could play this game for months years!

I'm listing alphabetically by author, not necessarily the order in which I'll attempt to read these. And yeah, my tastes are all over the place.

Fiction
Buster Midnight's Cafe
Buster Midnight's Cafe
by Sandra Dallas


How Green Was My Valley
How Green Was My Valley
by Richard Llewellyn


Jewel
Jewel
by Bret Lott


Love in the Ruins
Love in the Ruins
by Walker Percy


Empire Falls
Empire Falls
by Richard Russo



Nonfiction
St. Francis of Assisi
St. Francis of Assisi
by G.K. Chesterton



Saint-Watching by Phyllis McGinley

Holiness for Housewives: And Other Working Women
Holiness for Housewives: And Other Working Women
by Hubert Van Zeller


The Glass Castle
The Glass Castle
by Jeannette Walls


Letters to a Young Catholic: The Art of Mentoring by George Weigel



My husband will be glad to know that I'll be reading my dust-catchers instead of in addition to buying new ones.

So, it's September 1, so it's not really Autumn yet, is it? Do I get until December 20 to make a dent in this list? Anyone? Anyone?

No comments: