Friday, January 26, 2007

Changing the Way I Think

I've been trying this lately, and it really works!

It's easy to get bogged down in the little irritations that a day in the family home can bring. And any mom knows that a good part of a mom's day is spent bending over to pick up somebody else's stuff that was left where it doesn't belong.

If the stuff belongs to one of the kids, I usually gather it up into a basket or something and have them deal with it all when they're home from school.

If it's my husband's, I deal with it myself.

But no matter whose it is, I spent way too much energy being irritated by the stuff.

Then I started imagining myself saying "I love you" to the person who belongs to the stuff as I pick it up. It's a great way to bring a smile to my heart, and I stay in a much better mood.

After all, this really is why I do what I do: because I love them!

No comments: