Tuesday, January 02, 2007

First Memes for 2007

I found myself tagged for TWO of these yesterday....so here goes.

The Catholic Devotions Meme: I was tagged by Jean at Catholic Fire.

1. Favorite devotion or prayer to Jesus?
Liturgy of the Hours

2. Favorite Marian devotion or prayer?
The Memorare

3. Do you wear a scapular or medal?
No. I have a Miraculous Medal on my key ring. But I wear my Tau around my neck, not a medal or scapular. As a Secular Franciscan, this is considered my "habit."

4. Do you have holy water in your home?
No.

5. Do you 'offer up' your sufferings?
Sometimes.

6. Do you observe First Fridays and First Saturdays?
Not as well as I'd like to--but I'll be taking advantage of the opportunity to attend Daily Mass on Mondays and Fridays, so I'll get to participate in the First Friday devotion.

7. Do you go to Eucharistic Adoration?
Hardly at all. But I think I can find a way to do so.

8. Are you a Saturday evening Mass person or Sunday morning Mass person?
Sunday. No question about it.

9. Do you say prayers at mealtime?
We always say grace as a family before a meal.

10. Favorite Saint(s)? St. Francis of Assisi, St. Anthony of Padua, St. Gianna, and of course the Blessed Mother.

11. Can you recite the Apostles Creed by heart?
No, I always confuse it with the Nicene Creed.

12. Do you usually say short prayers (aspirations) during the course of the day?
Not out loud.

13. Bonus Question: When you pass by a automobile accident or other serious mishap, do you say a quick prayer for the folks involved?
Always.


The Catholic Movie Meme: I was tagged by Esther at A Catholic Mom in Hawaii.

Your Favorite Film?
It has to be "The Blues Brothers." I never get tired of that movie. I know all the lyrics and half the dialogue--it's just a lot of fun.

Your Favorite Film with a Religious theme?
I guess "The Blues Brothers" doesn't count? ("We're on a mission from God.")
I'd have to say "It's a Wonderful Life." Not overtly religious, but it's in the background, and the sacrificial love displayed by George Bailey is inspiring.

Your Favorite Film Priest?
I really liked Jack Lemmon's character in "Mass Appeal." He was stuck in politics and pragmatism, but was able to let in the grace to risk offending someone at the end, in order to stand up for the struggling seminarian. I didn't agree with some of the issues presented in the movie, but this character really did come off as very real, very human, and in his own way, devoted.

Your Favorite Film Nun?
There aren't any that aren't very stereotypical....so I'll have to go for the humor angle here. I like the choir director in "Sister Act"--the one who can't sing or direct the choir. She's played by Mary Wickes, and is a real hoot.

Tag: if you want to play, you're tagged--tell me in the combox.

No comments: