Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's Snowing!!!!

I should have suspected something was up when there was a rush on the bird feeder this morning. Every sparrow, junco and mourning dove in the neighborhood was fighting for a spot.

Now I can look out the window and see the white, fluffy flakes that even look like they're STICKING to the grass!

Somebody around here has to start jumping up and down, and calling the relatives who live in the "Great White North" and think that we are much too close to the equator here in the Philly area to know about Real Snow. And that somebody has to be me, because the Big Kids are still at school and Little Brother is playing at the neighbor's house.

Yes, a few snowflakes can turn me into a little kid. Although I do have my limits. Just because I like to look at snow doesn't mean I want to get all damp and chilly. I think I'll make a nice cup of tea, and grab one of the scones I baked this morning, and curl up under a thick blanket with a good book. I'll be thankful for the tea, and the scone, and the blanket, and the book, and the SNOW!

UPDATE: It just gets prettier and prettier! Now there's a cardinal on the bird feeder.

No comments: