Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Resolutions for 2007

I'm always reluctant to make resolutions that barely last a week....but it never fails--I go ahead and resolve anyway. (And who knows--maybe one will stick, one of these days.)

1. Get to Daily Mass a couple of times a week. I purposely chose the "afternoon" session of playschool for Little Brother (11:15 to 12:30) so I could take advantage of our parish's 11:45 Mass. Two days a week, this will work. I'd usually use Little Brother's school time to run errands, but this will do me much more good.

2. Get in a little exercise (as opposed to no exercise, which is what I usually get). Unfortunately, hauling laundry up and down the stairs to the basement hasn't undone that extra belly weight I've been hauling around since Little Brother was born. And he'll be 5 soon. Middle Sister has a new basketball hoop for her birthday, and if I spend a little time out there with her, it would be a fun way to get some exercise.

3. Be a little more organized regarding household stuff. Routines and schedules have gone out the window in the past few weeks. A new year gives me a new opportunity to come up with some new routines. I can be perfectionistic to the point that I abandon a system that doesn't fit "exactly right" instead of just getting in there and getting something done.

4. I would also like to treat everyone in my family better. So often our families get the short end of the stick, and we treat strangers better. I'd like to improve on that score, this year.

So there you have it....exciting, hm?

No comments: